"it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"

~ e e cummings (1894 - 1962)


MaryJane Wilt, Licensed Professional Counselor, Malvern, Pennsylvania, 19355



LPC: Licensed Profesional Counselor - This title requires a Master's degree in counseling from an accredited institution, passage of the National Counselor's Exam, three years of post-graduate supervision, approximately 3000 hours of direct client work, and at least 40 hours of continuing education units every two years.

NCC: National counselor certification from NBCC demonstrates to the public and employers that the counselor has met the national standards set by the counseling profession. It is not a license to practice. In some states, holding a national certification can assist the counselor in obtaining a state license. National certification travels with the counselor no matter the state or country of residence. The flagship national certification offered by NBCC is the NCC (National Certified Counselor), and it is the largest national counselor certification in the world.

CSAT: Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist - Sexual addiction is a complex addiction but there is hope! As a trained Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (http://www.iitap.com/) (CSAT), I havecompleted training developed by Dr. Patrick Carnes (http://www.sexhelp.com/) which required attendance at multiple training modules and supervision with a CSAT Supervisor. It also requires ongoing education so that ASATs/CSATs such as myself are experts in providing sexual addiction therapy. It is a rigorous process designed to help me best help you. To learn more about treatment for sex addiction, including an initial (free) sexual addiction screening assessment (http://www.recoveryzone.com/), please visit http://www.sexhelp.com/. If you are a partner, take the Partner Sexuality Survey (http://www.recoveryzone.com/).

MAC: Master of Arts in Counseling

MA Ed: Master of Arts in Education